This is a review of the
GMC Topkick Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
I’ve been riding bicycles all my life and I discovered mountain biking when I was a teenager, so I’ve had my fair share of bikes over the years. If you love mountain biking, just like me, then you’ll probablly love the The GMC Topkick Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike as much as I do. Its is a pretty good bike. I must admit that I spend must of my time riding on roads and footpaths and any terrain that gets me from A to B. Thats not say that I don’t get my bikes pretty dirty on trails, and I do quite regularly. So this bike is right up my alley – its great for downhilling and versatile enough for an easy cruise down to the shops.
Some of the features I like include:
- Super strong frame, made from aluminum which means, importantly it’s light too.
- 26″ Full Suspension Frame.
- Promax disc brakes, front and back. Disc brakes are definitely the way to go.
- Microshift push shifters, which are great on tricky trail ascents.
- Front and rear suspension are inovative. Front suspension Zoom forks have a travel of 65mm. Rear Suspension uses adjustable Kind Shock features.
- Light weight rims and hubs, using V-alloys which keep it light without sacrificing on strength.
The down side to this bike:
It is quite difficult to change tires. As the the rims are very narrow due to the V-shaped construction, its actually quite hard to get the tyres on and off the narrow rims. There are easy methods to deal with this, but we’ll save that for another time.
One recent purchaser, M. Akim, from New York NY, had this to say:
“My cousin purchased a bike shop recommended bicycle for almost $300 (front suspension only, and V type brakes), I payed $229 for my topkick. Apparently this recommended bike is supposed to be better than the GMC topkick. Turns out that the GMC topkick is lighter than this recommended bike and rides smoother.
Once again, I recommended this bike for everyone. Just remember to spend the extra $$$ to get a shop to tune it for you.”
Read the full Review Here.
My Verdict: You’d be hard pressed to find a bike in this price range with better features.
Check out this video on Youtube, it will give you a great idea of what the GMC Topkick looks like. (There is a funky guitar soundtrack too).
For more reviews on mountain bikes, take a tour through this website: